AUTOMOTIVE CASE STUDIES
ENGINEERING SUCCESS SINCE 1981
FROM COMPONENTS TO CARS
Zytek has been providing automotive engineering solutions for race and road since 1981, from individual components to complete cars.
In this section we highlight some of our previous motorsport and road vehicle projects to give a flavour of the expertise, experience and solutions we can offer, from the complete single seater electric race car (with individual wheel motors designed and developed 20 years before the first season of Formula E), to the ultra-efficient drivetrain we created for the Gordon Murray Design T.27 – the world’s most efficient electric car.
Over the years we have worked with some of the world’s leading motor racing teams such as Mercedes, McLaren, Renault, JaguarSport, and OEMs such as Aston Martin, Daimler, Audi, Jaguar LandRover and GM.
Particular technology case studies:
- Energy Recovery Systems in the McLaren/Mercedes and F1 Honda CRZ 300/500 showcase our race winning kinetic and thermal energy reclaim systems.
- Electric Drivetrains in the Smart Fortwos and Gordon Murray T.27 display our development of highly efficient technology for both existing and new platforms.
- Hybrid Systems in the Jaguar Land Rover Xj_e and GM Parallel Hybrid Truck display how high-performance efficient solutions can be integrated within existing road platforms.
If you have an application outside of the case studies presented, please contact us to discuss your project and we will share relevant previous projects not covered here.
CASE STUDY FOCUS
In our work we are proud to have enjoyed many industry firsts, such as:
- First hybrid system championship win outside of Formula 1 with the Honda CRZ GT 300/500.
- First 6 in 1 drive system to reduce EV powertrain mass and complexity with the Gordon Murray T.27.
- First Daimler Smart production electric vehicle with the Smart Fortwos.
To discuss how we can ‘push the boundaries’ for your project please contact us.
VIEW OUR CASE STUDIES
HONDA CRZ SUPER GT RACING
MERCEDES/MCLAREN FORMULA 1
JLR XJE &
RANGE ROVER E
GORDON MURRAY T27
WORK WITH US
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
By browsing our case studies and history you can see that we have developed a wide range of experience over a broad range of applications and clients.
Our specialisms are auto electronics and electrification, interior functions and safety, and whilst we do have a rich history with motorsport we also bring that critical thinking and boundary braking expertise to OEMs and road applications. Please contact us to discuss your application.
Yes. We have tried not to make our website overwhelming with too many pages; so if you have an application outside of the case studies presented, please contact us to discuss your project and we will share any relevant previous experience.
We have worked on so many exciting and industry leading projects so it’s difficult to pick out one. Those listed show technology that has been particularly advanced, or something a little different, or a particular success. We are therefore very proud of all the case studies listed.