1.2kW DC/DC CONVERTER
TOP PERFORMANCE FOR MOTORSPORT
Zytek’s latest DCDC converter is a small and lightweight unit offering exceptional efficiency for electric and hybrid racing applications.
To achieve high efficiency with passive cooling, a phase-shifted full-bridge DCDC topology has been employed.
It is compliant with FIA Safety Regulations. A 48V output and different power levels are also available on request.
- Formula E Season 5 – 7
- LMP1 Hybrid
- HEV/EV Race Applications
enquire about this product
THE KEY PARAMETERS
- Type: Step-Down DCDC Converter
- Dimensions: 235 x 125 x 70 mm
- Mass: 1.16 kg
- Input Voltage: 500V to 900V DC
- Output Voltage: 15VDC
- Peak Output Current: 85A
- Power Level: 1.2 kW (Continuous)
- Efficiency: Typically 92-96%
- Cooling: Naturally cooled
- Control: CAN
- Current Limit
- Voltage Setpoint
- Active Discharge Request
- Environmental Sealing: IP67
- HVIL (High Voltage Interlock Loop)
- Active Discharge
- LV Connectors: ASHD0-22-24320SN
LV Power GND
- HV Connector: PL082X-61-2.5
*HVIL in connector housing
- Signal Connector: 8STA00835SN
RELATED POWER CONVERTERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Very little airflow is required to extract heat from the unit.
As long as the unit is placed somewhere that air can flow over the cooling fins, the product should function. It will protect itself in the case of insufficient cooling being available.
IP rating is IP67, so it can be submerged, but not in line with high-pressure jets of water.
The unit was designed for use in Formula E, but this is only an example of where it could be used.
Potential use cases are much wider
For prototypes with a road release status limited to trained drivers, yes.