FOR HYBRID, OFF-ROAD & POWERSPORT
A bi-directional unit able to function in both buck and boost modes.
The unit has a cost-efficient design, is motor compartment compliant, and is most suitable for mild hybrid vehicles, off-road, and powersport applications.
This unit has a more complex construction compared to our uni-directional units and is usually found in hybrid vehicles.
- Mild hybrid vehicles (12V supply)
- Off-road applications
- Powersport applications
- Power supply for 48V consumers (e. g. eARC)
enquire about this product
THE KEY PARAMETERS
- Type: Bi-directional operation (Buck/Boost mode)
- Dimension: Approx 202 x 164 x 40 mm
- Mass: 1.1 kg
- 12V operating voltage: 8V – 15.5V
- 48V operating voltage: 24V – 56V
- Power Level:
- 1.78 kW (buck mode)
- 1.00 kW (boost mode)
- Efficiency: Typically > 97%
- Cooling: Naturally cooled
- Control: CAN
- Environmental Sealing: IP67
RELATED ELECTRIFICATION PRODUCTS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, the unit can function in both buck and boost modes.
Yes, with a new case.
At this point, the user could nominate the desired orientation of the fluid inlet and outlet to suit their application.
Engineering sign-off would be required to ensure an alignment of the safety case, but this is possible.
A starter generator and associated electronics can also be supplied.
This would enable other 48V systems to be fitted to the car, for example, electric pressure charging and active roll control (where permitted).